The AAVFD Scholarship
this MS Word document.
The AAVFD offers a limited number of scholarships
each year. Scholarships are given on a one year basis. Previous
applicants and/or recipients must submit a new application each
year to be considered. Applications for AAVFD Scholarship must be
postmarked no later than March 31st.
- A volunteer firefighter; or a dependent son, or a dependent
daughter, or the spouse of a volunteer firefighter (as listed
on the 1040 tax return), in the State of Alabama; who is a current,
active member of a certified volunteer fire department for a minimum
of three (3) consecutive years; and said department has been a
member of the AAVFD for the last three (3) consecutive years.
- A dependent of a volunteer firefighters as listed on the 1040
tax return, and the volunteer firefighter meets the requirements
as specified above in number 1.
- The surviving spouse, or son, or daughter, of a fallen volunteer
firefighters in the State of Alabama, whose death was in the line
of duty. Said volunteer firefighter must have been a current,
active member of a certified volunteer f ire department, and said
department was a member of the AAVFD for the last three (3) consecutive
years at the time of the firefighter's death.
- A surviving dependent, listed on a 1040 tax return of a fallen
firefighters whose death was in the line of duty, and the fallen
volunteer firefighter met the requirements as specified above
in number 3.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior, or a high
school graduate, or have a GED or equivalent.
- Applicant must have maintained a 'C' average at the last school
- The AAVFD Scholarship is awarded for undergraduates of a regional
accredited public or private two (2) or four (4) year institution.
- Scholarships awarded must be used within one year of award.
- Applicant must submit a copy of the volunteer-firefighter's
last years 1040 tax return.
- Applicant must submit a transcript of grades for last school
- Applicant must submit a copy of their high school diploma (if
applicant is a high school graduate), or a copy of their GED or
- Applicant must submit a completed AAVFD Scholarship Application.
- Applicant must submit three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must submit a short essay as to why he/she desires
an AAVFD Scholarship and what their plans are for the future.
- If applicant is applying as a survivor of a firefighter fallen
in the line of duty; a copy of the death certificate should be
BACK TO TOP